Tournament Rules and Regulations
1. Matches will be played with light Tennis ball
2. Tournament is restricted only to the companies working in Technopark.
3. Tournament will be played on league cum knock out basis. All matches shall be of 7 overs unless specified otherwise.
4. No player shall be allowed to play without proper cricketing dress or shoes
5. At least four bowlers should be used in a completed innings. A bowler can bowl a maximum of two overs. A minimum of three bowlers should bowl as per cricket laws. rest of the bowlers may be allowed to deliver the ball even if the elbow is bent during the course of completing the action provided the umpires are convinced and satisfied that the bowler was attempting to bowl a legal delivery. However, such bowlers will not be allowed to bowl more than one over in a match individually and not more than two overs as a team.
6. An over shall be curtailed if the same is extended up to 9 balls due to illegal deliveries. In such overs a penalty equivalent to the no of illegal deliveries bowled in that over shall be given to the batting team.
7. Free hit will be given in a ball following a no ball.
8. Rain rules: If a match could not be completed due to rain /bad light
1.During league phase, the winner shall be decided on the basis of better overall run rate, provided the second batting team has completed minimum of five overs. Otherwise the points will be shared.
2. During the knock out stage, winner shall be decided on better overall run rate, provided the second batting team has completed 4 overs. Otherwise Super over shall be used to find the winners. If the situation doesn’t permit super over or if super over also ends up in a tie, bowl out method shall be availed either on regular pitch or on any alternate provisions.
9. Points: During league phase a team shall be awarded 4 points for a win, Zero points for a loss,
a. and 2 point for draw/abandoned /tie match. 14.
10. Tied Match: In case of a tie in a knock out match, the winner shall be decided in Super over. If the situation doesn’t permit super over or if super over also ends up in a tie, bowl out method shall be availed either on regular pitch or on any alternate provisions.
11. Standings in a pool: Position of a team in a pool is decided by the total points earned, if found equal net run rate will be taken into consideration.
12. Registration of the players: All teams should register their players (minimum no. 8) at least 7 days before the commencement of the tournament.
13. Subsequent registration: No player shall be allowed to play a match if he is not registered at least 48 hours before the match.
14. Identity of players: It is mandatory that copy of official identity card issued by the respective
a. companies shall be uploaded while registering the players.
15. The companies shall be liable to produce any documents called for proving the genuineness of the players in case of a complaint. The documents may include salary certificates, relevant bank
a. statements, PF/ IT records Signed contract documents or any such documents relevant and satisfactory to prove the eligibility of players
16. Walkover: If any team fails to report in time, the opponents will be given walk over and the points earned by them if any in the other match in the pool shall stand scrapped.
17. No.of players: A team shall be formed with 8 no of players. A team will be allowed to play with a set of 8 players for fielding and another set of 8 players for batting,provided the total no of players do not exceed 11 in a match
18. Protests: Protests if any shall be lodged within 2 hrs. from the completion of the match with a fee of Rs.1000/- refundable only if the complaint is upheld.
19. Disputes shall be settled by the Organisers as per annexure 1 of TPL rules.