MPS India TPL- 2019
Tournament Entry Fee : Rs 3000/-
Teams may avail online payment link or tranfer fund to our IOB account
Murugan Cricket Club, CA No: 184902000000104
Indian Overseas Bank, Branch Pulimood , IFSC Code:IOBA0001849
Technopark Premier League 2019
MPS INDIA TPL 2019 matches will commence on 5th Jan 2019.
Inauguration will be held on 3rd Jan 2019.
Matches will be conducted in three phases,
Phase I – Qualifying round,
Phase II – Qualifying round and
Phase III – Championship round.
All phases will be played on league cum knockout format.
All matches except finals of each phases shall be of 8 overs.
This time, there will be matches on Fridays also.
However care will be taken to avoid matches on more than one Friday for any of the teams.
Tournament Rules and Regulations:
1. Matches will be played with Tennis ball
2. Tournament is restricted only to the companies working in Technopark.
3. Eligibility of players:The players shall be either regular employees of the company or working on a
valid contract at least one month before the date of notification of the tournament.Part time employees
are not allowed to participate .
4. Combined teams:A maximum of four companies can join together to form a team subject to condition
that none of these companies have fielded a team of their own.
5. Companies who have offices outside technopark may include in their playing XI a maximum of 3
players who are working in offices outside technopark campus.This facility is only limited to the offices
functioning in the district of Trivandrum
6. Tournament will be conducted in two or more phases, the structure of which will be decided and
announced after the process of team registration.
7. All the phases will be played on league cum knock out basis. All matches shall be of 8 overs unless
8. No player shall be allowed to play without proper cricketing dress or shoes
9. Bowling quota: A bowler can bowl a maximum of 1/5th of the total no of overs. For this purpose
fractions will be rounded off to the next higher number. However in a completed innings minimum of
five bowlers should be used.
10. Free hit will be given in a ball following a no ball.
11. Power play: The first over of an innings shall be Mandatory power play. Only two fielders shall be
allowed to field outside the 30 yard circle.
12. Rain rules: If a match could not be completed due to rain /bad light
i. during league phase, the winner shall be decided on the basis of better overall run rate, provided the
second batting team has completed minimum of five overs. Otherwise the points will be shared.
ii. during the knock out stage, winner shall be decided on better overall run rate, provided the second
batting team has completed 4 overs. Otherwise Super over shall be used to find the winners.If the situation
doesn’t permit super over or if super over also ends up in a tie,bowl out method shall be availed either on
regular pitch or on any alternate provisions.
13. Points: During league phase a team shall be awarded 2 points for a win, Zero points for a loss,
and 1 point for draw/abandoned /tie match.
14. Tied Match: In case of a tie in a knock out match, the winner shall be decided in Super over. If
the situation doesn’t permit super over or if super over also ends up in a tie,bowl out method shall be
availed either on regular pitch or on any alternate provisions.
15. Standings in a pool: Position of a team in a pool is decided by the total points earned, if found equal
net run rate will be taken into consideration.
Formula for calculation of Net Run Rate (NRR)
16. Registration of the players: All teams should register their players (minimum no. 12) at least 7 days
before the commencement of the tournament.
17. Subsequent registration: No player shall be allowed to play a match if he is not registered at least 48
hours before the match.
18. Identity of players: It is mandatory that copy of official identity card issued by the respective
companies shall be uploaded while registering the players.
19. Disqualification: Any team found to have resorted to any sort of manipulations with regard to the
identity of players, is liable to be disqualified from the tournament .Such issues will be reported to the
Technopark administration.Such teams shall be banned from future editions of TPL.
20. The companies shall be liable to produce any documents called for proving the genuineness of the
players in case of a complaint.The documents may include salary certificates,relevant bank
statements,PF/ IT records Signed contract documents or any such documents relevant and satisfactory
to prove the eligibility of players
21. Walkover: If any team fails to report in time, the opponents will be given walk over and the points
earned by them if any in the other match in the pool shall stand scrapped.
22. No.of players: No team will be allowed to play with less than 8 players on the field, except in a situation
where 3 or more players had to leave the ground due to injuries during the match.In case of violation
the match shall be awarded to the opponents
23. Protests: Protests if any shall be lodged within 2 hrs. from the completion of the match with a fee of
Rs.1000/- refundable only if the complaint is upheld.
24. Disputes shall be settled by the three tier system as mentioned in Annexure 1.None of the on field
decisions by the umpires shall be treated as disputes.